Your furnace is what keeps you and your family warm during the winter months in Boxboro, so it’s important to ensure that your furnace is functioning properly. Whether you have a new furnace or an older furnace, keeping it maintained is the key to it’s longevity. Air Conditioning Mass is here to provide 5 reasons Boxboro residents should maintain their central heating system.
- Lower Utility Bills. The average homeowner in Boxboro MA spent $512 on heating costs alone last year. Although this number can vary greatly depending on the condition of your HVAC unit as well as the size of your home, having the correct sized heating system can reduce costs significantly.
- Extended System Life. Just as you would maintain your car to make it last longer, so too should you maintain your HVAC system. Replacing filters, fixing burners, cleaning out your ductwork and other maintenance tasks will go a long way in terms of keeping your furnace running.
- Less Repairs. Having to repair or replace a part of your furnace is never fun — especially if it’s a key component to the system. Air Conditioning Mass can provide Boxboro residents with accurate repair estimates and can find replacement parts that fit your furnace. However, don’t forget that regular maintenance to your furnace can reduce the need for repairs.
- Increased Safety. We’ve all heard about carbon monoxide poisoning, and we assume that our furnaces will never have that issue — but you can never be too sure. In Boxboro and surrounding areas it gets cold in the winter, causing our heating systems to work overtime to keep the home at a set temperature. After a decade or so of yearly use, the system can spring a leak and cause carbon monoxide issues.
- Improved Efficiency. With yearly inspections and quick maintenance fixes, your furnace will be able to run at peak efficiency for a longer period of time. Our professional heating technicians will determine whether or not your furnace is the correct size for your home as well as recommend the best tips for preventing heat loss during the winter (which can include the addition of storm windows or installing more insulation in the attic).
Furnace maintenance isn’t something Boxboro residents should bypass during the Fall and winter months. Regular maintenance checks can prolong the life of your HVAC unit by 2-5 years when inspected on a yearly basis. Contact our Boxboro heating installation, heating maintenance and furnace repair company today for a free estimate!