The cold weather has arrived and all you want to do is walk in the door to a comforting wall of warm air. Unfortunately that doesn’t always happen and we realize our central heating system is broken.
At Air Conditioning Mass, we know that time is of the essence when it comes to HVAC service and repair in the chilly Massachusetts winter months, which is why we provide 24/7, 365 emergency service for any broken systems. Our North Andover-based HVAC company has helped hundreds of residents by providing in-dept diagnostic tests to.
As homeowners, we’re often too busy to realize our central heating system needs a repair until it’s too late and you’re stuck footing the bill for a replacement system. It’s best to know the signs of when your system needs a quick repair.
Signs Your Heating System Needs Repairs
- Increase in heating bill. Sure, in the dead of winter your heating bill may be higher than in the fall months, but if you notice a significant hike compared to the same time as last year, this could mean your system isn’t running efficiently.
- Loud noises. No, these noises aren’t ghosts haunting your home — it’s your central heating system trying to tell you it’s in need of a serious repair or maintenance job.
- Interesting smells. Don’t just assume that the smell coming from your HVAC ductwork is “normal” whenever you turn it on. Pungent smells usually means the wire insulation has burned out. Musty smells mean there’s a mold issue within the ductwork that could lead to health problems.
- The system turns on and off. If your central heating system starts to turn on and off, this means there’s either a problem with the compressor or an issue with the thermostat.
- A dusty home. Many homeowners often don’t realize that pollen buildup from the spring, summer and even fall months can end up clogging the filters of your HVAC system. Then when it comes time to turning on the heat, the system isn’t running as efficiently.